ZThreads is a cross platform object oriented library written in C++ which provides a clean and simple interface to both POSIX threads and Windows API threads.
Building ZThread shared library using Visual Studio 2008
1. Download ZThread source tar ball and extract it.
2. Create a new Win32Project using the Visual Studio installed templates
3. Go to Application Settings of Win32 Application Wizard
4. Select dll as the Application type and Empty project in the Additional options.
5. Add all the cxx files inside ZThread src folder into your project Source Files excluding the sub directories
6. Go to C/C++ tab in the Project Properties. Specify ZThread include directory in the Additional Include Directories
7. Change the default Character Set used by your Visual Studio project from Use Unicode Character Set to Not Set
8. Build the project